The Purr-fect Haircut

There are many things I adore about my cat, Keke. I’ll start by saying – she’s is very quiet.  Besides the occasional  meowing for her favorite tasty treat,  she makes very little noise at all. I actually look forward to the intermittant meow when she’s gently inquiring about her next meal. Otherwise, you will most likely find Keke perched on top of her favorite chair keeping me company while I work on my homework.

What I also admire about Keke is her stride. I love to watch her walk confidently into the kitchen or out onto the balcony – when the weather is pleasant. She prances a few steps before she looks back to see if I am willingly following behind her. Athough, she is only 8 or 9 inches off the floor, she has a tall measure of confidence.

However, what I find myself admiring the most about Keke is her picture purr-fect haircut. She’s such a fashionista. She has a soft and snowy grey-toned face with a touch of marshmallow white fur around her mouth running down her neck to her chest. Her tail grows darker all the way down to the natural,  black ballpoint tip.  The way she styles and tailors the length of her hair fits her petite frame to a tee. The little wisps of hair that she shapes into a skirt around the sides of her body, frames her belly ever so fashionably. She’s such a dainty heathered grey cat. 

Does My Cat Need a Haircut?

But do I need to take my cat to get a haircut? The scientific answer is probably not.

Razor haircuts are usually unnecessary. It is a good idea, however, to groom your cat regularly as recommended by your veterinarian for your specific breed. It help remove shedding fur that would otherwise end up — well, everywhere — but it’s also a great way to spend time with your cat and get her used to being handled in case you need to give her a bath or take care of her after an injury.

People give their cats haircuts to reduce shedding,  hairballs, and for sanitary reasons. But, if you do decide to give your cat a haircut, make an appointment with a professional. Cats are easily frightened of loud sounds and clippers can be rather jarring, Sissors and other tools are dangerous in the wrong environment and it’s easy to accidentally hurt your cat if you haven’t been well trained.